Sunday, November 6, 2011

Come in and help yourself!!!

Another lovely day, very windy in the morning but dropped off in the afternoon.
Christopher changed the radiator and fixed the powered steering in the landrover in the morning and I finished getting the bedroom ready for my mum coming out on Wednesday.
After dinner we went and looked at all three ewe camps to see what the lambing was looking like. All three camps look good. This year George Island is going to let us down because it was still too cold when the ewes on George Island lambed. They actually started at the same time as one of our camps up here but the ewe camp here has excellent shelter where as George Island has none.
The ponies came home again for a treat. Curly Wurly is getting brave and decided to venture into the porch and help himself. Humbugs legs are too short and he couldnt get up the steps.

2 comments:

  1. It is nice to know I am not the only one who lets the livestock in the house. If you go back far enough in my blog you will see the pig I let in the house. She was a runt that was in danger of being crushed so I hand raised her in the house. She thought she was a kitten. But unlike your horses, she grew. At 150 pounds she was still wanting to get under my chair or get on the chesterfield with Heidi. She could let herself in if I did not latcn the door. I was starting to have dreams of waking up with a 600 pound pig getting onto my bed which I already shared with a 130 pound Great Dane. Sadly, I had to ship the pig with the rest of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have often thought of having a pig so that we can have pork but I am certain that I would make it into a pet and then I wouldn't be able to eat it. I love big dogs, if your going to have a dog, have a dog, not something that looks like an over grown cat. The biggest we have had is a New Zealand Hunterway but that doesn't compare to a Great Dane.

    ReplyDelete